http://www.one.org La Vita é Bella


Profile

A Ghanaian-born, Jersey-raised girl, doing stuff in Cameroon.


Previous


Archives
septembre 2006 octobre 2006 novembre 2006 décembre 2006 janvier 2007 février 2007 mars 2007 avril 2007 mai 2007 juin 2007 juillet 2007 octobre 2007


The Hunger Site

The Child Health Site!
The Breast Cancer Site!
The Literacy Site!
The Rainforest Site!
The Animal Rescue Site!

Powered by:
Get Firefox!
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Bling

I am nerdier than 72% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!
Click for Douala R.S., Cameroon Forecast

The contents of these pages are my own and do not reflect the opinions of the United States government nor the Peace Corps.
Me 2006©

eXTReMe Tracker

Voulez-vous Coucher Avec Moi... Ce Soir?

This is the extent of my mastery of the language with which I am supposed to be fluent in by December, less than 3 months away. Ironic, considering the fact that I will be celibate for the next 2 years (Yes, yes... Unless, you come to visit me, Christopher! :::insert coy smile here:::).

If you have found yourself at this page then you either a) Know that I am up to something crazy b) Did not know what I was up to, but knew that I was crazy or c) Are incredibly bored. For those who would like some background information: I graduated this year from RPI with a degree in biochemistry & biophysics (I don't know what I was thinking either). After much introspection and several self vs. self moments, I went a little psycho... deferred some grad school admissions... and signed my life away to the United States government! Awesome, I know:D

By this weekend, I will be in Cameroon. The question I have recieved the most about this last bit of information is, "What is a Cameroon?" ...Cameroon is not a type of cookie, candy, nor cake. Nor is it a tropical island, a cruise ship, or a Mexican city. You people need a globe or an education or something... For those of you who are more geographically-inclined, you can see that Cameroon is only a few landmine fields away from both my home (Ghana) and the home of Zahara Jolie-Pitt (Namibia).

Anyhow, there is a Peace Corps saying that goes "Volunteers who go to Asia return Buddhists. From Latin & South America, they return Revolutionaries. From Africa... Alcoholics." I wonder if they have grenadine there?

Honestly, I am not really sure what you guys will do without me. I am sure that some of you will experience a tearful night or twelve, and others may need a few rounds of therapy. Below you will find the requisite horrifically dorky n00b (Yah, I said "n00b.") pictures to lessen your pain. Don't cry now; this is not good bye. As they (we?) say in French, "A bientot!"







5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Your boobs are sticking out in one of the pictures. I am the first to defile your page. Muhahaha.

9/29/2006 05:22:00 AM  
Blogger Cooyah said...

Aw honey have a wonderful time, i'm so jealous (*pouts*) we'll miss on lhcf (((hugs)))

9/29/2006 05:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

wow sandra...your crazy. But have fun out there in the jungle..take some pics for me. Your mom was like we should send you there...i was like umm no thanks im good. Even though im bad im not materialist. They need to send anima, then my brother then juju. Oh well..sorry i didnt get to talk to you before you left...but i was too busy being a badass child that im notorious for. WELL dont die out there...cya in 2 years!

9/29/2006 05:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Sangeeeeee,
I shall miss you. Who will help me write my English papers at 2am the morning it's due?? Anywho, take care. Have a safe flight. Bring me back a pet monkey, if you can. And you know, now that I've got a job and I'm making madd cash dollar dollar signs, perhaps I'll send you a care package. Cause I'm your favorite sister :) LOOOOOVE YOU

9/29/2006 07:40:00 PM  
Blogger P said...

Your blog is so much weirder than mine. You big nerdlet. I´m linking you!

Okay, I love you!! Don´t let training kill you, ahahaha. No, seriously, it sucks, have fun.

10/02/2006 09:24:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home