http://www.one.org La Vita é Bella


Profile

A Ghanaian-born, Jersey-raised girl, doing stuff in Cameroon.


Previous

I’m Only Happy When it Rains
I'm Bringing Sexy Back
Oh Em Gee
Hakuna Matata
The Real World
Voulez-vous Coucher Avec Moi... Ce Soir?

Archives
septembre 2006 octobre 2006 novembre 2006 décembre 2006 janvier 2007 février 2007 mars 2007 avril 2007 mai 2007 juin 2007 juillet 2007 octobre 2007


The Hunger Site

The Child Health Site!
The Breast Cancer Site!
The Literacy Site!
The Rainforest Site!
The Animal Rescue Site!

Powered by:
Get Firefox!
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Bling

I am nerdier than 72% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!
Click for Douala R.S., Cameroon Forecast

The contents of these pages are my own and do not reflect the opinions of the United States government nor the Peace Corps.
Me 2006©

eXTReMe Tracker

A Letter to my Malaria Prophylaxis

Dearest Larium,

I just do not understand. I know that we have only had the chance to rendezvous just a few times thus far… and perhaps it is too early in our relationship for me to expect much more from you… But… why? Tell me why you give others such abundant pleasure, yet only leave me feeling dizzy and nauseous. This is Cameroon, so I’m cool with the whole polygamy thing, but are you playing favorites?

I take you when I can, at approximately the same time each week. Right after lunch. Thought you liked that. Then what is up? Look, like I said in the beginning… I’m in this for the long haul. I am committed to you. Forget Doxycycline… though my skin would always glow afterwards... You just need to pull yourself together a bit, clean your act up.

And what was with that Cookie Monster scenario? Is that the best you can do? I have had more lucid moments without even trying. I suppose the hallucinations were an attempt at something… but, honestly. Swirling flower petals? It could be worse, but you know that I hate that movie.

I’m beginning to think you’re a little overrated. But you’re still better than the alternative.

Much love,
Me

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

WHAT???? I'm not going to read your blog anymore if you don't start writing pieces of substances.

Thx.
CKL

11/11/2006 02:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

MISS ME?!?!?!?

:)

11/15/2006 06:50:00 PM  
Blogger P said...

oh chenkay. A letter to Larium IS substance.

PS. Our PCMO told us it{s better to take the meds. before you go to bed after dinner. Although, what do I know, Aralen hasn{t done a damn thing to me, not even dreams.
HA. Poor darling.

Priya

11/16/2006 10:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

my roomate eric figured out how to flip our living room window open so we can get people and such through there :-p

11/18/2006 06:02:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home