http://www.one.org La Vita é Bella


Profile

A Ghanaian-born, Jersey-raised girl, doing stuff in Cameroon.


Previous

Ho Ho Ho!
Gobble Gobble! Err… Cluck Cluck!
God Bless Garoua
Core to the Corps
A Letter to my Malaria Prophylaxis
I’m Only Happy When it Rains
I'm Bringing Sexy Back
Oh Em Gee
Hakuna Matata
The Real World

Archives
septembre 2006 octobre 2006 novembre 2006 décembre 2006 janvier 2007 février 2007 mars 2007 avril 2007 mai 2007 juin 2007 juillet 2007 octobre 2007


The Hunger Site

The Child Health Site!
The Breast Cancer Site!
The Literacy Site!
The Rainforest Site!
The Animal Rescue Site!

Powered by:
Get Firefox!
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Bling

I am nerdier than 72% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!
Click for Douala R.S., Cameroon Forecast

The contents of these pages are my own and do not reflect the opinions of the United States government nor the Peace Corps.
Me 2006©

eXTReMe Tracker

Last Weekend in Town

Quote of the Week:
Nadia: Peace Corps Don’t Screen For Crazy!!
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH! I am still laughing at this one, because it is unfortunately so very true.

Quote from the Past:
Ms. Kim: Let’s play one of my favorite games. It’s called, “Name Any Country on This Planet and I Will Tell You How Either the United States, the United Kingdom, or France Messed It Up.”

For those of you were not so blessed as to have Ms. Kim in your lives: She was my US History teacher in high school. And she was Absolutely Fabulous (FYI-I love that BBC show!)! I am sure that she still is! Anyone know where she is? I know she is not teaching at Eastern anymore. I had that class during 0 mod (an optional class time slot for us sick overachievers who loved being in class at 6 something in the morning), and I still looked forward to it every day! That is how awesome she was. She was full of amusing witticisms and observations…. One which involved a “naked mole rat” and my then boyfriend’s love for me… I so should have heeded her warning on that one…

Anywho! I was thinking of this comment of hers during a recent lecture we had on Cameroonian history and politics, and it made me giggle out loud. Then I started to think of another little Ms. Kim anecdote about how she spent one particular Valentine’s Day and I just started cracking up. For those of you who have not caught on, I’m fairly easily amused. Understatement. I won’t even tell you about that one time where I laughed about an episode of Arthur (Yes, on PBS. Don’t hate.) all through the 2 hours of my Protein Folding class. At least the smelly kid who sat next to me decided to move to another seat.

So the clock is ticking. We swear-in on Wednesday (assuming that we all pass our Language Proficiency Exam on Monday…), and then we leave for our posts at the crack of dawn on Thursday. I am soooooooooo glad that Stage is almost over, but I am gonna miss all of you poopyheads like whoa! Even though it creeps me out that after 3 months together… day in… and day out… we still all get along. Gross. And thanks for the interesting night :D

FYI #1: Many of you have been inquiring as to what I want for Christmas/My Birthday and which address you should send it to. For those of my less faithful followers who failed to do so, shame on you. Anywho, gonna ask you to hold off on that for a bit cuz hopefully I will be able to set up a Peace Corps Partnership site once I get to my village. I will post the link; then you can donate money to help me with my projects at my health center! I understand how truly awesome I am though, so I will not prevent any of you from sending me any additional presents via airmail… as you will see in my second FYI.

FYI #2: We did a superlative Who’s Who thing for our Stage and guess who won “Best Attitude?” That’s right! Send me rewards. Like a refrigerator. And an oven/stove. And an air-conditioning unit. And electricity. Actually, I will be elated if someone sends me a freakin cereal bar. Merci.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yen Kasa (Let's Talk) said...

Hola cuz...have been reading your blog since Auntie E sent it to me. Love your wit and vivid descriptions..I felt like I was there when Jamie got hit by the monkey...LOL. In any case, looking forward to your so I can forward you some goodies. BTW, married life is great so far.
P.S. check out my blog when you have time or happen to run into an internet cafe.

12/11/2006 07:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

When will you realize that Arthur isn't a real show? =/

Caridee won ANTM!
It was down to her and Melrose
And Melrose was like booo boo hooo watch me cry a lot (she didn't really say that, she just cried a lot)

I find out from Barnard on Friday!!!
EEEEEPP

Miss yew <3

My feet smell...from volleyball..=/
In case you were wondering...

Congrats on swearing in :)
I'm sure you passed

Je t'adore <3

12/14/2006 01:43:00 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Hey!
Love you guys! :D

12/31/2006 11:00:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home