http://www.one.org La Vita é Bella


Profile

A Ghanaian-born, Jersey-raised girl, doing stuff in Cameroon.


Previous

Last Weekend in Town
Ho Ho Ho!
Gobble Gobble! Err… Cluck Cluck!
God Bless Garoua
Core to the Corps
A Letter to my Malaria Prophylaxis
I’m Only Happy When it Rains
I'm Bringing Sexy Back
Oh Em Gee
Hakuna Matata

Archives
septembre 2006 octobre 2006 novembre 2006 décembre 2006 janvier 2007 février 2007 mars 2007 avril 2007 mai 2007 juin 2007 juillet 2007 octobre 2007


The Hunger Site

The Child Health Site!
The Breast Cancer Site!
The Literacy Site!
The Rainforest Site!
The Animal Rescue Site!

Powered by:
Get Firefox!
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Bling

I am nerdier than 72% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!
Click for Douala R.S., Cameroon Forecast

The contents of these pages are my own and do not reflect the opinions of the United States government nor the Peace Corps.
Me 2006©

eXTReMe Tracker

Quickie

Internet access has been virtually unavailable, so I have a few belated shout-outs:
Happy Belated Birthday to:
Baker!
Jesus (yah, I know it wasn't really His bday:p)!
ME!
Princess Sheela!
Nana!

I do not know when my next internet opportunity will be so...
Happy Soon-to-be Birthdays to:
My Dad!
Juju!
Doris!
Lob you all:]

:::Insert massive amounts of craziness here:::
That has been my life lately. Unfortunately (or fortunately for you:p), I don't have the time to get into detail. But I promise to explicate in a later entry! Don't get too excited :]

Every now and then I am struck by the fact that I am living in Africa. You know... those times when I can't remember how to speak English... or I am sitting in a taxi next to 2 goats and a chicken... or how ridiculously happy it makes me to have the opportunity to take a shower 3 or 4 times a month... or when I am having dinner at a restaurant with some friends and some random Cameroonian guy approaches us and asks our price for the night... or I spill the bucket of water (and a few expletives) that I had to go get from one of the 2 wells in my village... and I think to myself: "Self... what are you doing here?"

We were doing vaccinations this week at the health center. And while I was weighing a baby, his 17-year old mother said to me in French (which I know was a challenge for her, because hardly anyone in my village speaks French. There is not even a high school, so 95% of the population only speaks the local language)... Anywho, so she says to me, "Thank you for being here."

Wow. I did not even know how to respond.

That's what I'm doing here.

Enough of that:] Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. Thanks for all of the love:] Party a lot for me tonight:]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hiiii Sangee, I was tres happy to get to talk to you twice this break :) I'm glad that you're doing well. We miss you mucho. <3 And mom wants to know the new address thing, I dunno, she asks me about it like everyday, so hop on that sir

12/31/2006 09:44:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home