http://www.one.org La Vita é Bella


Profile

A Ghanaian-born, Jersey-raised girl, doing stuff in Cameroon.


Previous

Reader Mail
Roses & Thorns (aka- The Valentine’s Day Entry) *CBT
The Road to Perdition
You Know You’ve Been “En Brousse” Too Long When (Y...
Rewind
Quickie
Last Weekend in Town
Ho Ho Ho!
Gobble Gobble! Err… Cluck Cluck!
God Bless Garoua

Archives
septembre 2006 octobre 2006 novembre 2006 décembre 2006 janvier 2007 février 2007 mars 2007 avril 2007 mai 2007 juin 2007 juillet 2007 octobre 2007


The Hunger Site

The Child Health Site!
The Breast Cancer Site!
The Literacy Site!
The Rainforest Site!
The Animal Rescue Site!

Powered by:
Get Firefox!
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Bling

I am nerdier than 72% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!
Click for Douala R.S., Cameroon Forecast

The contents of these pages are my own and do not reflect the opinions of the United States government nor the Peace Corps.
Me 2006©

eXTReMe Tracker

I Probably Think This Song is About Me

Quote of the Week: I can kill you with my mind. ~ River *

Earlier this week, I was having a super-fly day. My French was flowing like a gentle brook. I was understanding (or, at least, I thought that I was understanding… hmm… maybe that dude didn’t want me to pee into that cup…) some Fufulde. My clothes were clean. I was on top of my paperwork. I was making progress with the women’s group (some of you may recall the Infamous Pitoa Pousse-Pousse Disaster of 2006). In short, I could paint with all of the colors of the wind.

Anyhow, I got this electronic Sudoku thing for Christmas (Thanks Kwasifer!) and I have gotten into the habit of completing a puzzle from each level, each day. I flew through the levels, beating all of my record times. I was speeding through the last level (previous record: 4 min. 38 sec), when I caught a glimpse of something startling reflected in the screen. Puzzled, I froze… with only 6 more cells to fill and a time of 3 min, 5 sec. It was ME!! I will take a moment to remind you that I have no mirrors in my house (which is the last of my concerns, as far as things lacking in my house). I was so excited that I was finally gonna beat the most difficult level in well under 4 minutes! So, I figured that I could afford to revel in this beauty for a moment before continuing on with my cerebral endeavor. And so, I did. Except… I guess that… in the world of beautiful things… time operates differently… Cuz when I finally came to, with a sigh of the exquisite nature, I saw that my time now read 20 minutes, 32 seconds… So, much for beating that record… Did I fall into a fleeting coma?

* As I have previously mentioned, I have a family of bats living in between the aluminum plates of my roof. They like to wake me up multiple times every night. After one particularly awful night, I was walking home from the health center and thinking murderous thoughts about my housemates. I returned home, unlocked the door, and lying on the floor in the doorway was a dead bat. 1 down, 49 to go… :::goes to apply to MENSA::: BTW- If you don’t know who River is… shame on you.

Morals of the Day:
1. Finish your freakin work, before taking your pleasures (As if RPI didn’t teach me this, but I guess I needed a reminder).
2. Watch your thoughts… for they become your actions.

PS- If you hear an earth-shattering cry of anguish anytime soon... that is me, crying that the batteries in my Sudoku game have died.

PPS:
For my fellow volunteers... Okay, which one of you posted this? I congratulate you. Whoever it was, just want to let you know that we ALL feel you:
To-Do List

For my fellow Africans... and other interested weirdos. As some of you may know, Ghana recently celebrated it's 50th anniversary. I heard it was quite the party! Virtually every station coming through my shortwave has had commentary and shows on it. The BBC did a pretty good job, so podcast away:
BBC World Service
BBC Africa Have Your Say
NPR- Ghana's 50th
CN- Ghana Celebrates
Town Hall- Celebrating What?
All Africa- Ghana
All Africa- Ghana's Future
Joy Online- Ghana

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Haha River is creeeeeepy
Like toi
I miss toi beaucoup <3
I DROVE ON THE ROAD TODAY!!
Daddy and I went driving in the Mansion complex, then I drove on centennial and there were CARS on the ROAD. CARS ON THE ROAD!! It was scary at first. But all good in the end, cause I'm a straight thug, na mean?
KISSES <3

3/14/2007 01:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

MELISSA GOT ENGAGED!!!
(btw Melissa = real world melissa)
Love you <3

3/22/2007 05:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hey!! That's my girl! Great blogging! What an adventure you seem to be having over there in the sahel-jungle!! Well, do you remember your swan song? "What doesn't kill you..." I suspect that some of your friends are beginning to feel envoius of you - although they simply can't imagine how you've managed to survive for so long and not eaten by lions, in their hearts of hearts they are wishing they could experience the thrills for just a day. Proud of you, my ma. Continue to be strong and give your very best effort to the people. Our good Lord is watching over you.

Love you and miss you so much!

3/23/2007 02:27:00 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Who taught Dad how to leave comments? :/ And why did he use his handle? :/ The amusement just never ends:] Anywho. In actuality, most of the emails I get from my friends are some variation of the following: "Ya know what? Sometimes when I think that my life really sucks... I read your blog... and then I feel a whole lot better! Thanks for cheering me up!" But its all good, cuz I kno that this is just their way of saying, "We love you!"

They let black people into the Mansion complex without an invitation or an apron on now? And you did not drive into the actual building? Look at all of the progress that I am missing out on :[

3/26/2007 08:50:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home